I tend to catch up on blogs once a week, so I missed this (sorry, Marcy!). Marcy Lamberson of Studio Marcy tagged me for this one. Marcy makes amazingly whimsical glass beads and sculptures, and in her free flow of ideas, sense of fun, and craftswomanship combined is what I want to be when I grow up.
So, here's the rules!
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
1. I teach European history at a local university as my Real Job, in a program for returning adults. Melting glass keeps me from killing my students, but so does the knowledge that I am playing a part in helping people make their lives much better.
2. Two months ago I acquired a rescue shepherd / lab / spitz mix, Justin Renate McCavity Wigglebutt, Esq. (Who can guess how he got his middle two names)? He is delightful, pushes every boundary, can be a real pain in the ol' butt, just passed his Stage One obedience training, and is a snugglebug par excellence. In other words, he's Justin-Other Good Dog. Anyone want some beads with shepherd hair inclusions?
3. When my cats are all curled up together in a heap I feel ridiculously happy, and start singing "Asleeeeeeeeeeeeep in a heeeeeeeeeeeap" until I sound positively simple.
4. My neighborhood has a new dog park! Justin and I go nearly every day. It's only 2/10 of a mile down the road.
5. When the weather gets cold I don't turn up the heat, but I wear mismatched fuzzy or fleecy socks in wild colours.
6. My workbench is a desk / table from a local hotel that had been bought by another chain and was renovating. They gave me a deep discount because there were scratches on the table-top. W00T! I did not mention that I planned to tile the top ... bad me, no doughnut.
7. I need to upload recent images to my Bead Artists' Gallery site.
1. One-eared Pig: http://one-earedpig.blogspot.com/
2. Dogmaw Glass: http://dogmawglass.blogspot.com/
3. Ashton Jewels: http://lydiamuell.blogspot.com/index.html
4. Art of the Firebird: http://artofthefirebird.com/wordpress/
5. Dorset Hill Beads: http://dorsethillbeads.blogspot.com/
6. Gwaciebeads: http://gwaciebeads.livejournal.com/
7. BeadNerd: http://beadnerd.com/
Ya'll have fun now!