Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I didn't make many Halloween-themed beads this year--a few spiders and candy corn, but that was it. However, many other beadmakers did, including some of the amazingly talented Southern Flames beadmakers.

You can see their work here, at Flame Tree Glass's Halloween Contest page. There's information on the main pane, and on the left there are two .pdf files with pictures of the entries. All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW! at the imagination, creativity, and quality. These people went ALL OUT. Puts my candy corn in the shade, for sure --- but I'm in awe!

Some of my favorites: The Trick or Treaters, by Marcy Lamberson:

Raven's Last Temptation, by Koi Creek Beads


In sculpture, there's Stephanie White's Graveyard:



And a phenomenal boro life-size skeleton by Doug:



Go over to Flame Tree and look at ALL the entries -- they're beyond incredible.

1 comment:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Oh my goodness, these are incredible. Thank you for sharing!