Friday, June 27, 2008

Wasp out!

Okay, I am very, very glad that my propane tanks last as long as they do. With the way prices for everything are increasing, I like having a reasonably fuel efficient torch. Of course, I haven't been working boro as much as I had hoped, either.

However.

It is summer, and the tanks get nice and warm. Apparently the hornets think the underside of a tank is a lovely place to build a paper nest. Of course, I found this out after I had begun pulling up the tank out of its protective resin box. Anyone want to know just how far one can hurl an empty 17.5 lb propane tank? Just ask me.

Didn't get stung ... for a woman as fat as I am, I can move awfully fast when I am appropriately motivated to do so. A small cloud of hornets (it was a VERY small nest) constitutes appropriate motivation.

No comments: