Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sassy Swirled Flowers


I'm heading off to the torch for more beads -- the Down The Street Bead Show is arriving fast! Plus I have a custom order .... earlier I spent some time talking with my neighbors and then swapping out the trash cans that are serving me as rain barrels. The 32 gallon is full, and the 50 gallon is filling slowly. With all the rain we have had in the last week, we are still in a serious drought with a rainfall deficit. Out door watering is banned in many places, and I have pulled out all the practices that I learned as a child in Texas to conserve water. Collecting what rain we are getting will help my garden if the drought continues--and they tend to last at least two years. Many are far longer.

Meanwhile, I torch :) Take a twistie in bright summer colors, dot it on smooth ivory glass, and give it a bit of a spin ... and you have these colorful, sassy, raised swirled flower beads! You can, as always, find them on ETSY.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you might want to check out the rain barrel kits, downspout filters and downspout diverters www.aquabarrel.com

PickyHistorian said...

I thought about that. They're all put together nicely, but unfortunately the ones I've seen have been *expensive* compared to adding my own spigot to a trash barrel :) I'll take a look at yours!